Use the tips below to prevent some of the most common employee injuries and to prevent a workers' compensation claim!
1. Walking both upstairs and downstairs can create slip, trip, and fall hazards.
2. Use gloves when listing heavy objects manually
3. When manual lifting, do not bend over at your waist.
4. Always keep 3 points of contact with a ladder.
5. When driving, there should be 3 seconds of space between you and the car in front of you.
6. When using a fire extinguisher, use the "pass" method: Pull, Aim, Squeeze, Sweep.
7. A successful Safety Committee has: Leadership, Membership, and Goal Orientation.
8. A hazardous chemical poses a physical and health hazard.
9. When working in temperatures over 91 degrees Fahrenheit, employees should take water breaks every 10-15 minutes.
10. The most important reason all accidents should be investigated and recorded is to prevent similar accidents in the future.
For more safety tips, articles, videos and infographics on keeping your employees working and safe, visit our Resources and Education library!