With much of NYS already in or about to enter Phase 2 of the NY Forward reopening plan it’s a good time to look at some of the rules in place.
- In Phase 2, limit the total number of occupants at any given time to no more than 50% of the maximum occupancy for a particular area as set by the certificate of occupancy.
- Ensure 6 ft. distance between individuals.
- Reduce interpersonal contact and congregation through methods such as limiting workforce presence to only the employees necessary to conduct retail activities.
- Shared workstations (e.g. “hot-desks”) must be cleaned and disinfected between users.
- Tightly confined spaces (e.g. elevators, small stock rooms, behind cash registers, narrow merchandise aisles) should be occupied by only one individual at a time, unless all individuals are wearing face coverings. If occupied by more than one person, keep occupancy under 50% of maximum capacity.
- Post social distancing markers using tape or signs that denote 6 ft. of spacing in commonly used and other applicable areas (e.g. clock in/out stations, health screening stations, break rooms, cash registers, merchandise aisles).
- Limit in-person gatherings (e.g. meetings) as much as possible and use tele- or video-conferencing whenever possible. If a meeting is necessary, it should be held in an open, well-ventilated space with appropriate social distancing among participants.
- Close amenities including self-serve bars and samplers
- Non-essential common areas (e.g. gyms, pools, game rooms) must remain closed.
- Limit the sharing of objects, such as tools, laptops, notebooks, telephones, touchscreens, and writing utensils, as well as the touching of shared surfaces; or, require workers to wear gloves when in contact with shared objects or frequently touched surfaces; or, require workers to perform hand hygiene before and after contact.
- Affirm you have reviewed and understand the state issued industry guidelines, and that you will implement them.
- Post signage inside and outside of the office location to remind personnel and customers to adhere to proper hygiene, social distancing rules, appropriate use of PPE, and cleaning and disinfecting protocols.
For more information and a complete list of guidelines, visit https://forward.ny.gov/.