Leading Restaurant Workers' Compensation Claims
Friedlander Group analyzed thousands of restaurant clients workers' compensation claims from valued at $135 million to determine the Leading Restaurant Workers Compensation Claims. The 5 leading claims accounted 92% of all claims cost.
1. Slips, Trips & Falls - Slip, Trip and Fall claims were the leader by far. They accounted for 47.6% of the total claims cost at $16.6 million.
2. Material Handling - Manual Lifting claims accounted for 26% of the total claims cost at $9.5 million.
3. Struck By - Struck By claims accounted for 11% of the total claims cost at $3.8 million.
4. Burns - Burn claims accounted for 5% of the total claims cost at $1.6 Million.
5. Cuts & Lacerations - Cuts and Lacerations accounted for 3% of the total claims cost at $1.1 million.
When do Restaurant Workers' Compensation Claims Occur?
Restaurant workers' compensation claims increased in frequency throughout the week. Claims are least likely to occur on a Monday, while most likely to occur on Thursday, Fridays and Saturdays.
Starting from 20 years old, as employee age increases the frequency of claims decreases. 33% of claims reported were from employees in the 20- 29 year old range, which makes sense since the median age of a Restaurant worker of 29.1 years old (Bureaus of Labor Statistics).
Employees 30-39 years old reported 21% of workers' compensation claims.
Employees 40-49 years old reported 17% of workers' compensation claims.